It’s day two of international cuisine week on Ahnestveggie. Today we’re whipping up something
If you grew up in an Asian household like me, you will understand when I say…I JUST CAN’T SEEM TO GET AWAY FROM RICE!! There’s always cooked rice somewhere in the kitchen…
I try to stay away from rice, due to bloating and feeling very uncomfortably full after eating it.
You will not regret eating 5-6 of these beauties! They may be vegan and raw, but I promise you, they have plenty of flavor and texture!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 1/4 tsp tahini dressing (found at Trader Joe’s)
- 4 nori seaweed sheets
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- vegan spicy mayo (optional)*
- Bamboo Sushi mat
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados using the back of a fork. (leave a few pieces chunky for added texture)
- Mix in tahini dressing to the mashed avocado, set aside. THAT’S IT!
Time to Assemble
1.) On a clean, wide working space, lay the sushi mat.
2.) Lay a sheet of seaweed, with the most shiny side facing down, on top of the sushi mat.
3.) Spread the avocado mixture on half of the seaweed, concentrating more on the ends and corners.
4.) Start layering the vegetables and cilantro with desired amount.
5.) Carefully grab the sushi mat, and slowly roll the wrap away from you, grabbing the seaweed as you go. (Kind of like a burrito)
6.) Keep rolling until you have something that looks like a log. *Make sure to press tightly as you roll to prevent any of the vegetables from falling out.
7.) Cut into bit size pieces and plate.
For a some kick, add a little Vegan Spicy Mayo on top.
*Vegan Spicy Mayo: mix 1tbsp of Nasoya light vegan mayo with a dash of sriracha sauce.